STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville has issued a burn ban effective immediately.
The city posted the notice to its website Tuesday morning.
The burn ban includes all outside burning except grills.
“If you have been issued a burn permit within the last week, we will honor that permit again at no charge after the burn ban has been lifted,” according to the city.
Anyone caught burning illegally could face a fine up to $500 plus all cost incurred by the City of Starkville.
- City of Starkville issues burn ban
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- West Point issues burn ban
- West Point issues a burn ban
- Starkville firefighters conduct controlled burn
- Governor lifts statewide burn ban
- Burn ban approved in Montgomery County
- Lee County now under burn ban
- Monroe County supervisors vote for burn ban
- Boil water alert issued for part of Starkville