MANTACHIE, Miss. (WTVA) - The town of Mantachie is trying to figure out ways to enforce the laws of banning e-cigarettes at their local park.
Mantachie Police Chief Mark Roberts said it’s become dangerous.
Within the past few weeks, police found an 18-year-old who was passed out in a car due to vaping something other than nicotine.
“The problem that we have is that they are not there to use of the park,” Roberts said.
Smoking was banned in the city years ago, and just last year they added vaping and e-cigarettes to the list.
Aldermen will be discussing a new ordinance this May.
Until then, police will be highly patrolling the area, making sure no one is vaping in cars.
- Mantachie is cracking down on vaping laws after scare
- Mantachie man dies from rollover
- Overnight fire destroys Mantachie home
- Fire destroys Mantachie home, taxidermy business
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Marshals take wanted Mantachie man into custody
- Two from Tupelo charged with Mantachie burglaries
- Mantachie man charged with kidnapping, armed robbery
- Minor injuries reported after Mantachie collision
- Mantachie looking into shortage of police vehicles