ECRU, Miss. (WTVA) - The Peach Festival in downtown Ecru took place earlier during the weekend.
According to the Ecru Mayor Jeff Smith, Cherry Creek Orchards came to him two years ago wanting to get involved in the town.
Cherry Creek Orchards is the largest peach orchard in Mississippi.
According to Smith, about 32 vendors participated in the festival.
They were selling everything from home-made peach pies, to woodworking, to vinyl.
Local political candidates were given a few minutes on stage to share their message to the community.
Smith said the festival not only gives people a chance to be a part of the community, but it also has boosted the city's sales tax.
- 2nd Annual Peach Festival kicks off in Ecru
- 47th annual Gumtree Fine Arts Festival kicks off
- Shooter on the run in Ecru
- Ecru Fire Department investigates abandoned trailer fire
- Tupelo Elvis Festival kicks off at birthplace
- Ecru man arrested after massive crash in Louisiana
- Ecru man killed by step-son in Memphis shooting
- Ecru church hosts celebration to kickoff Easter weekend
- Tupelo hosts annual Bud and Burgers festival
- Efforts pushed to save peach trees in Pontotoc County orchard