TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A former Tupelo school building will receive a new roof.
On Friday, the Tupelo Public School District announced the Church Street location will benefit from the recent State BP Settlement Fund.
The school district will receive $400,000 to go toward the new roof.
As soon as funds are transferred, and the board approves the designs, the bidding process will begin.
“Once construction starts, it will take 60-90 days to complete,” said TPSD Operations Director Charles Laney.
- Church Street School receives funds for new roof
- Worker falls through roof of Amory church
- Roof of historic church collapses in Grenada
- Senators: Tupelo, Columbus fire departments receiving funds
- Local fire department to receive funds
- Local water departments receive funds to improve
- Nuns embezzle 'substantial' amount of funds from church school, monsignor says
- Local Baptist hospitals receive funds to provide mammograms
- More local airports to receive funds for improvements
- City Leaders: Tornado victims will not receive federal funding