NASHVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Retailer LifeWay Christian Resources is closing its 170 stores in 2019
The company said this is to focus on its digital platforms and will continue to sell items on its website.
“In one month, LifeWay interacts with five times as many people through its digital environments as it does through LifeWay stores.”
It will continue to serve customers through its networks of church partners who work directly with churches.
“LifeWay is moving into a new era with a strategic digital focus that will prepare us for the future and allow us to better serve our customers,” said Brad Waggoner, President and CEO.
Each store’s closing will vary depending on local circumstance, but LifeWay expects all brick-and-mortar stores to close by the end of the year.
LifeWay has several stores in Mississippi, including one in Tupelo.
- Christian retailer LifeWay closing all stores
- Local Sears Hometown stores closing
- Illness causes Columbus Christian Academy to temporarily close
- Retail development coming to Tupelo
- Family Dollar will close nearly 400 stores
- Fred's to close several local stores
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 40 stores
- Lottery ticket applications open for Mississippi retailers
- Best Buy to close its small-format mobile phone stores
- Starbucks to close stores for an afternoon for bias training