CHOCTAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A 20-year-old Eupora man died in a weekend crash in Choctaw County.
The crash happened Sunday morning sometime near 4:47 on Highway 9, south of Chaney Road.
Master Sgt. Criss Turnipseed with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says 20-year-old Phillip Hendricks, Jr. and 27-year-old William Gilbert II were traveling north on Highway 9 in a 2011 Jeep Wrangler.
Hendricks was the driver. Gilbert was the passenger.
Turnipseed says the Jeep crossed into the southbound lane, left the highway and overturned.
Hendricks was pronounced dead at the scene. Gilbert was taken to OCH Regional Medical Center in Starkville with serious injuries.
Turnipseed says both victims were not wearing their seatbelts.
The crash remains under investigation by MHP.
- Choctaw County crash kills Eupora man
- Elderly woman killed after car crash in Choctaw County
- Man's death under investigation following Choctaw County crash
- THE MIKE FILES: Death in Choctaw County
- Friends remember Choctaw County's Moe Hardin
- UPDATE: Power restored in Choctaw County
- Infant death reported in Choctaw County
- 18-wheeler crashes into Eupora factory; two injured
- UPDATE: No charges filed after juvenile kills man in Choctaw County
- Eupora man arrested for drugs in Starkville