BECKER, Miss. (WTVA) - A 12-year-old boy has died following a drowning incident in Monroe County.
A Monroe County sheriff’s investigator said the incident happened late Friday morning at a home in Becker.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said the child was transported to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
Charles Braxton Dent, 12, passed away on Sunday at the hospital. His family confirmed his death to WTVA.
- 12-year-old boy dies following drowning incident in Monroe County
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Incident ruled suicide in Monroe County
- Child recovering after near-drowning incident
- Woman dies in Monroe County accident
- Monroe County authorities investigate two separate shooting incidents
- Sheriff: Man injured in Monroe County stabbing incident
- Drowning incident leads to death of Starkville teen
- Man dies after drowning in Pontotoc County creek
- Fire destroys Monroe County home