ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A child was flown to a Memphis hospital after being hit by a car Friday evening.
The accident happened around 5:30 p.m. on County Road 400 in Alcorn County.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell says a driver and their children were traveling when their car ran out of gas.
The driver and two of their children went across the road to ask for some assistance.
As the group was on their way back, that's when a six-year-old child was struck by an oncoming vehicle.
The child was flown to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital with serious injuries.
Caldwell says no charges are expected to be filed at this time.
- Child struck by vehicle in Alcorn County
- Sheriff: Body found in vehicle in Alcorn County
- Teen injured after losing control of vehicle in Alcorn County
- House fire in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- Three charged for child endangerment in Alcorn Co.
- Alcorn Co. man charged with enticement of child
- No injuries in Alcorn County business fire
- Alcorn County fires remain a mystery
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband