PITTSBORO, Miss. (WTVA) - The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has a hold on a Calhoun County molestation suspect.
Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan said sheriff’s deputies were called to a home on Friday where they found a man.
A woman, accompanied by a child, accused the man of molesting another child.
The man, Jose Sanchez, 29, was arrested and charged with one count of child molestation.
The woman told investigators the alleged crime could have been going on for approximately one year, the sheriff said.
Pollan said Sanchez is not in the county legally, resulting in ICE’s hold.
More charges could be filed as the investigation continues.
- Child molestation arrest made in Calhoun County
- Arrest made for Calhoun County burglaries
- Attempted murder arrest made in Calhoun County
- Molestation arrest made in Itawamba County
- Judge sets bond for Calhoun child molestation suspect
- Child abuse arrest made in Lowndes County
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Child abuse arrest made in Prentiss County
- Several arrested during Calhoun County drug roundup
- Alabama man charged with child molestation