TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A child was injured during Tuesday’s Christmas parade, the Tupelo police said.
The 8-year-old was on a float but got off to walk. The child was then struck by a tire of a trailer.
Luckily bystanders and off-duty Saltillo volunteer firefighters were able to help get the trailer off of the boy.
It took ten people to lift it, according to witnesses.
The child received minor injuries to the foot, the police said.
The child was carried to the emergency room for treatment after a woman used her wagon to transport him to the EMS.
The community came together in a time of need when things could have taken a turn for the worst.
This accident caused a brief delay in the parade.
- Community helps injured child during Tupelo Christmas parade
- Tupelo Christmas parade: 'A Community Christmas'
- Reed's Tupelo Christmas Parade a holiday hit
- 2018 Reed's Tupelo Christmas parade winners
- Tupelo first pride parade
- Tupelo Christmas parade to force temporary street closures
- Reed's Christmas Parade delay, impacts Tupelo City Council Meeting
- List of winners from 2019 Reed’s Tupelo Christmas Parade
- Motorcyclist injured in Tupelo accident
- Tupelo church coalition feeds community