MANTEE, Miss. (WTVA) - A child was accidentally shot by another child at a home in the Mantee community, according to the Webster County Sheriff’s Department.
Sheriff’s deputy Dillion Cates confirmed the wounded child was airlifted to a Jackson hospital. The child is now in stable condition.
Cates said the child was injured in the chest by a small-caliber pistol.
He described the shooting as accidental and said the two children were playing with a gun.
The location of the shooting was in the 900 block of Mantee Road near the Clarkson community.
- Child airlifted after accidental shooting in Webster County
- Reward offered In Webster County shooting
- Webster County inmates face charges
- Accidental shooting kills man in Chickasaw County
- Boy dies in accidental shooting
- Starkville shooting incident ruled accidental
- Man accused of shooting at law enforcement in Webster County
- Murder arrest made after weekend shooting in Webster County
- UPDATE: Webster County teen located safe
- Several injuries in Webster County house fire