LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A woman from Caledonia has been charged with child abuse.
On Friday, October 27, Lowndes County investigators assisted the Caledonia Town Marshal’s Office on a report of possible child abuse.
Caledonia marshals had received a call of a welfare concern on South Street in Caledonia concerning a minor being possibly abused.
Officers made contact with Jennifer Kellum, 37. The sheriff’s department says Kellum was “extremely intoxicated” when they made contact with her.
Officers then made contact with the minor child and the investigation led to Kellum’s arrest.
The Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department says the Mississippi Department of Human Services was contacted concerning this case.
- Child abuse arrest made in Lowndes County
- Child abuse arrest made in Prentiss County
- Arrest made in Lowndes County home invasion
- Grand larceny arrest made in Lowndes County
- Child charged after bomb threat made against Lowndes County schools
- Arrest made in case of stolen equipment in Lowndes County
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Child molestation arrest made in Calhoun County
- Lowndes County couple charged with child deprivation
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to child abuse, heading to prison