FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A teenager from Fulton was airlifted after he was struck by a dump truck, Police Chief Mitch Nabors confirmed.
A Fulton firefighter confirmed it happened on East Main Street near the Sands Motel between 4:30 and 5 p.m.
Nabors said the 13-year-old was crossing the road on foot when he stepped in front of the dump truck.
He was transported to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
Nabors said on Wednesday the boy is in stable condition.
He also confirmed the dump truck is privately-owned.
- Police: Fulton teen struck by dump truck
- Fulton police seeking funds for K9
- Fulton police search for cell phone thefts
- Police stop steroid delivery in Fulton
- Fulton police seek suspected car thief
- Fulton PD investigate Walmart thefts
- Fulton man faces meth charge
- Fire destroys house in Fulton
- Vehicle hits Fulton nail salon
- UPDATE: Columbus road reopens after dump truck hits power lines