WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Officials with the Winston County Sheriff's Office say the man wanted for allegedly killing his wife and injuring his son has been captured.
Fred Eiland was caught by deputies just before 7:00 Saturday night on Mount Olive Road, according to Chief Deputy Keith Alexander.
Eiland is accused of setting fire to a storage shed with his family living inside, Alexander says. The incident happened Friday night.
"They found one subject had been burned really bad and possibly another victim inside deceased," Alexander says.
Investigators did not say why Eiland's wife and children were living inside the storage shed. Neighbors tell WTVA they believe she was hiding from Eiland.
Eiland faces charges for arson, murder and aggravated assault, according to Alexander.
- Man captured, accused of arson, murder
- Amory man arrested for arson
- Fugitive wanted in murders captured in Tennessee
- Lee County sheriff's deputies capture murder suspect
- Louisville murder suspect captured in Winston County
- UPDATE: Man accused of stealing MHP car captured during weekend
- Man charged with arson for Skyline fire
- Columbus man captured following multi-state pursuit
- Tupelo police capture man after wreck
- Sheriff: Wanted Lee County man captured