HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - The heavy rains have flooded many areas causing some issues for many rural roads.
The road manager in Chickasaw County, Doug Winter, said he noticed a sinkhole on Tuesday morning and immediately closed the road.
According to Winter, the large sink hole caused the road to collapse.
According to Winter, County Road 215 does not have many residents; however, he said it is a very popular cut-through for people driving between Okolona and Houston.
According to Winter, repairing the sinkhole will take a lot of dirt and a new tunnel to carry the water under the road.
Winter said with the heavy rains, it is likely that any repairs will be delayed.
For now, County Road 215 will remain closed and Winter is asking people to avoid the area.
- Chickasaw County road closed due to sink hole
- Rollover closes part of Chickasaw County highway
- Okolona, Chickasaw County enact curfews
- Lee County road closed due to washed out culvert
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County
- Drug-related arrests made in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- Burglary arrest made in Chickasaw County
- Chickasaw County corrections officer attacked by inmate