COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was arrested after an overnight law enforcement pursuit in Columbus and Lowndes County.
Emmitt Calmes, 34, of Columbus, got the attention of sheriff's deputies who say he was accused of trying to throw someone out of a moving car on Sand Road Tuesday night.
Chief Deputy Marc Miley says deputies tried to pull over Calmes' vehicle but he led them into Columbus for more than 3 miles before he crashed in a vacant lot on 24th Street South.
According to Miley, Calmes took off on foot, jumped several fences and tried hiding in some bushes on 23rd Street South. That's where he was arrested.
The suspect is charged with felony eluding and simple assault/domestic violence.
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- Chase with law enforcement ends in Derma
- Man arrested after high-speed chase with law enforcement
- Residents react to law enforcement chase in Tupelo
- People falling for scam involving someone posing as law enforcement
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- Chase through Tupelo ends in arrest
- Multi-county chase ends in arrest
- Police chase ends in Pontotoc
- Two arrested in Webster County after law enforcement discovery