WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - A person was taken into custody following a pursuit through three counties.
Lowndes County Investigator Greg Wright said a deputy tried to stop a car on Highway 82 for a violation. The driver sped away.
This was sometime near 1:30 p.m.
The chase went west into Oktibbeha County, then turned north to Clay County.
The car was eventually stopped by West Point police and state troopers in West Point near the Love’s truck stop.
Wright said three people were inside the car: the male driver, a woman and a child.
Investigators believe the car was reported stolen from South Carolina. They are working to determine if the man has any active warrants.
The man remains in custody. His name has not been released.
This is a developing story and this article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Chase goes through three counties, ends in West Point
- Police arrest West Point man for drugs following chase
- Weekend chase lands West Point man behind bars
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- Multi-county chase ends in arrest
- Police chase ends in Pontotoc
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- West Point issues burn ban
- Police chase ends in Lowndes County, driver arrested
- Multi-county high-speed chase ends with arrest