COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Charges have been upgraded to attempted murder for a man accused of running over another man in Columbus.
The suspect is identified as Danny J. Lewis, 54, of Columbus.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton says the incident happened on Friday, September 14 sometime after 7 p.m. in the 1500 block of 4th Street South.
Shelton says Lewis and another man got into a fight, resulting in Lewis becoming angry.
Police say Lewis got into a vehicle and struck the victim before fleeing.
The victim was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. On Wednesday, the victim was transported to a Jackson hospital due to severe injuries.
Shelton says Lewis was initially charged with aggravated assault with a vehicle. However, that charge has been upgraded.
Shelton says Lewis’ bond was revoked
- Charge upgraded to attempted murder for Columbus suspect
- UPDATE: Columbus murder suspects appear before judge
- Judge denies bond for Columbus murder suspect
- UPDATE: Tupelo stabbing suspect now charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Cracker Barrel shooting suspect charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Booneville youth charged with attempted murder
- Sulligent police charge woman with attempted murder
- Macon woman charged with attempted murder
- Mother of 3 charged with attempted murder for Columbus Lake incident
- UPDATE: Charge upgraded to murder for Noxubee County shooting