TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Tupelo intersection is about to get a change to clear up traffic congestion.
The Major Throroughfare Committee has given approval for engineering work to align Monument Drive with Lumpkin Street at West Main Street.
City leaders have purchased two pieces of property to allow Monument, Lumpkin and West Main to all meet at the same place.
With the alignment, only one traffic signal will be needed in the area instead of the two there now.
Once the engineering work is complete, the project can be advertised.
- Change coming to Tupelo intersection
- Changes to Tupelo railways are coming soon
- City votes on improvements to Tupelo intersection
- MDOT says road changes coming to Tupelo to eliminate congestion
- Big changes could be coming to Tupelo Transit
- Security changes coming to all Tupelo public schools
- Retail development coming to Tupelo
- Comic Con comes to Tupelo
- Academy award winner to come to Tupelo
- Two new businesses coming to Tupelo