FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - The mayor of Fulton and an Itawamba County sheriff's deputy were captured on video fighting in a bar, police confirmed.
The fight happened Saturday night at the Legends bar in Fulton.
Fulton Police Chief Mitch Nabors confirmed the two men were Fulton Mayor Barry Childers and Sheriff's Deputy Andy Graham.
Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson later confirmed the deputy is a part-time officer.
He said the deputy went to the location to eat and had not been drinking. He said there has been an ongoing tension between the two men.
The sheriff said the deputy reacted to getting punched.
Nabors said police are investigating and no arrests were made and no charges have been filed at this point.
After reviewing the video and talking with both people involved, the deputy remains on duty, the sheriff said.
Editor's Note: This article has been modified to include new information from Sheriff Chris Dickinson.
- Police: Fulton mayor and sheriff's deputy involved in fight
- Fulton mayor apologizes for weekend fight
- Witnesses recall bar fight in Fulton
- Fulton police seeking funds for K9
- Fulton police search for cell phone thefts
- Police stop steroid delivery in Fulton
- Fulton police seek suspected car thief
- Police: Fulton teen struck by dump truck
- State investigates deputy-involved shooting
- Report: Attala sheriff's deputies respond to report of large fight