TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Several cows in Lee County were gruesomely injured as a result of a dog attack.
Yesterday, November 12, Lee County deputies responded to a local farm where a person reported that several cows had been attacked by two pit bulls and pit bull-mixed dogs.
The injuries the cattle suffered were mainly to the head area, reports Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson.
He says the cows were chased until they collapsed. A calf was killed in the process.
As a result, 19-year-old Katelyn Wood of Mooreville was arrested.
She has been charged with the following:
2 counts of failing to have rabies tag
2 counts of failing to produce paperwork for proper vaccine
2 counts of failing county ordinance for possession of dangerous or aggressive animal
- Cattle wounded, killed by dogs in Lee County; arrest made
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County
- UPDATE: Child dies following Lee County crash, arrest made
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- Child abuse arrest made in Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- Drug arrests made in Monroe County
- Three drug arrests made in Union County