TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - To celebrate National Dental Hygiene Month, Catch Kids Inc. stopped by Milam Elementary School in Tupelo to promote dental health on Tuesday.
The event included information about the importance of brushing teeth and how diet can affect dental health.
Carol Black, a registered dental hygienist, said this is the best time for kids to learn about taking care of their teeth.
"Teaching the children of what they can do to take care of themselves," she said. "This is an important period of their lives because in the 6 grade around ages 11 to 13, they will lose about 12 teeth and gain about 16 new teeth. So it’s a great time for them to learn how to take care of themselves.”
Catch Kids also has an in-school clinic available at the school every Wednesday.
- Catch Kids at Milam Elementary for Dental Hygiene Month
- Columbus home catches fire
- Shed catches fire in Tupelo
- Semi catches fire in Saltillo
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Work Zone Awareness month
- Peanut storage facility catches fire in Delta
- 18-wheelers catch fire in West Point
- Coach's home catches fire after lightning strike
- Vehicle catches fire in Montgomery County