Update 08/29/19 9:27 a.m.
Rogers' bond was set at $250,000
Milton Rogers | Photo: Lee County Jail
Update 08/28/18 9:41 a.m.
Milton Rogers, 52, of Tupelo, has been charged in connection to Monday's incident at the post office.
He is charged with kidnapping and several misdemeanors.
Tupelo police say the woman victim was treated at the emergency room and has been released.
Police did not release any further information as of Tuesday morning.
See the original post below.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A kidnapping led to a crash at a post office parking lot on Thomas Street.
It started at Ballard Park after a fight. It then continued down Main Street, hitting multiple cars along the way, Deputy Chief Allan Gilbert said.
A man suspected to be the kidnapper has been captured. The victim was a woman and was taken to the hospital, according to Gilbert.
“At this time everything is under investigation, but we do have the possible victim being treated at the hospital,” Gilbert said. “I do not know her possible condition at this time."
A witness that was working at the post office at the time said a scrappy white car came speeding through the parking lot, hitting multiple cars there as well, including his.
"I looked outside and saw some metal or tin flying through the parking lot. So I went and looked outside to see all the commotion going on,” Reco Colebrooke said.
We are told the police will release more information on the investigation soon.
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping, rape suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Clay County kidnapping suspect.
- UPDATE: Bond set for suspect in Tupelo chase
- UPDATE: Bond set for sexual assault suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Grenada murder suspect
- UPDATE: Bonds set for suspects after chase