LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol responded to a fatal accident in Lowndes County Saturday night.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant confirmed Antaves Rotalren Petty, 16, died at the scene. He was a student at New Hope High School.
The accident happened just after 6:30 p.m. on Highway 82 near the airport exit.
MHP says a yellow jeep rear ended a grey Dodge charger.
There were four people inside the charger including Petty who was a backseat passenger.
The three others along with the lone driver of the jeep were brought to a hospital. Their conditions are unknown.
The accident is still under investigation.
- Car accident in Lowndes County claims life of teenager
- Car accident claims life of Hamilton woman
- Tupelo shooting claims life of teenage girl
- Lee County crash claims life of Saltillo teenager
- Fire-related accident claims life of Prentiss County man
- UPDATE: Man hospitalized after Lowndes train accident
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Apparent drowning accident in Florida claims life of Shannon man
- Lowndes County traffic accident leaves one person dead