STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - An electrical short caused a fire to severely damage the Captain D’s restaurant in Starkville in mid-April.
According to the Starkville Fire Department, investigators determined the fire was accidental. The fire started in the attic.
Captain D’s fire investigation update: The fire investigation has been completed and the findings are as such: accidental cause that started in the concealed attic space above the south east corner storage room area of the building due to an electrical short. pic.twitter.com/FUG1zBXQRA
— Starkville Fire Dept (@Starkville_FD) May 12, 2020
Firefighters responded to the fire on April 15.
Previous Article - Morning fire destroys Captain D's in Starkville