FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A capital murder trial in Itawamba County will resume Friday morning with closing arguments from the state and the defense, then onto jury deliberation.
Demarco Kelly is accused of killing Andre Taylor of Mantachie in 2015.
Thursday was the second and final day of testimonies from witnesses.
A total of five people was arrested in this case, with the other four already pleading guilty to lesser charges.
Kyra McClenton, who pleaded guilty to armed robbery in the incident, was one of the witnesses to testify.
She said the group of five people, including herself and Kelly, planned a staged robbery at Taylor's home.
They planned to steal several pounds of marijuana and cash.
McClenton said the plan changed and the three men went to perform the act.
Investigators said Taylor was then shot and killed.
McClenton testified that Kelly had told her that he killed Taylor.
The trial is set to resume at 10 a.m.
- Capital murder trial heading to closing arguments
- Jury selection extended for capital murder trial
- Court upholds ruling in capital murder appeal
- Jury finds capital murder suspect guilty
- 5 Booneville teenagers charged with capital murder
- Capital murder suspect found guilty, sentenced to life in prison
- New information on teens charged with capital murder
- Two teens charged with capital murder released on bond
- High court says no to Lowndes capital murder appeal