STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Kosciusko man accused of murdering a Starkville optometrist has pleaded not guilty on two felony charges.
Our news partner, the Starkville Daily News, reports that William 'Tommy' Chisholm pleaded not guilty to the capital murder of Dr. Shauna Witt during his arraignment hearing Tuesday.
Chisholm is accused of shooting Witt at her optometry practice at the Walmart on Hwy 12 back in January.
Police initially arrested Chisholm for murder but then cited an underlying burglary charge resulting in the capital murder charge.
Chisholm is being held without bond. His next court appearance will be in October.
- Capital murder suspect in Starkville Walmart shooting pleads not guilty
- Capital murder suspect pleads not guilty to murdering three men in Artesia
- Eupora shooting suspect plans to plead guilty
- Capital murder suspect found guilty, sentenced to life in prison
- Starkville man charged with capital murder for Artesia triple homicide
- Judge revokes bond for Starkville murder suspect
- UPDATE: Labor Day murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Pittsburgh synagogue suspect pleads not guilty