WATER VALLEY, Miss. (WTVA) - A sheriff’s candidate in Yalobusha County has challenged the outcome of the November general election.
With 2,569 votes, Mark Fulco defeated Luther Folson by two votes in the Nov. 5 general election, giving Fulco the sheriff’s position.
According to Deputy Circuit Clerk Vicki Caldwell, Folson submitted a written request to examine the ballots.
He will examine the ballots on Friday morning in the circuit clerk’s office.
Although there were six write-in votes and one voter ID vote, Caldwell said, it did not change the outcome of the race because they did not vote in the sheriff’s race.
- Candidate to examine ballots in Yalobusha County sheriff's race
- Candidate for Yalobusha County sheriff is examining ballots
- Woman missing in Yalobusha County
- Yalobusha County teen found safe
- Former Yalobusha sheriff Defer passes away
- Yalobusha County Sheriff's Office searching for missing teen
- Indictment made in Yalobusha County bank robbery
- Five arrested for drugs in Yalobusha County