OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The investigation into the attempted smuggling of heroin into a private prison in Tallahatchie County leads to guilty pleas from two California women.
Daisy Flores, 33, and Arlene Gonzalez, 27, pleaded guilty to money laundering during hearings this morning in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
They are among six people, including one inmate, indicted for attempting to smuggle drugs into the CCA Correctional Facility in Tallahatchie County.
The federal indictment says the drugs were shipped from California to Mississippi in 2016.
Both will be sentenced in December.
- California women plead guilty to money laundering
- Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- Man pleads not guilty to killing birds
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty to cab driver's death
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Accused bank robber expected to plead guilty
- Columbus man pleads guilty to stabbing
- UPDATE: Accused bank robber pleads guilty
- Man pleads guilty in child porn case