PITTSBORO, Miss. (WTVA) - A weekend law enforcement pursuit led to shots being fired and an arrest in Calhoun County.
Sheriff Greg Pollan said the incident happened on Sunday, Feb. 3. He said the pursuit began at approximately 5 p.m. in Webster County.
Chico Robinson | Photo: Calhoun County Sheriff's Department
The chase went north into Calhoun County where a sheriff’s deputy and a Calhoun City police officer joined the pursuit, said Pollan.
The sheriff said the driver tried to run over the officers, resulting in officers opening fire.
Shots were fired at the intersection of County Road 346 and County Road 348.
The driver fled into a wooded area and later surrendered Monday morning.
The driver was taken to a local hospital for evaluation and was later cleared.
No other injuries were reported.
The driver, Chico Robinson, faces the following charges in Calhoun County:
- Attempted aggravated assault on an officer
- Felony fleeing
Pollan said the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is handling the case and would release more information at a later time.
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Calhoun County
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- Investigation ongoing into officer-involved shooting, MBI refers to district attorney
- Marion County officer-involved shooting under investigation
- UPDATE: MBI will not release body cam footage in officer-involved shooting
- MBI: Hostage/kidnapping situation led to officer-involved shooting in Canton
- Troopers investigate Calhoun County crash
- State investigates deputy-involved shooting
- Huntsville police investigating chase, UAH officer-involved shooting
- UPDATE: MBI on scene following Clay County standoff