Update 11/21/18 9:00 a.m.
Bond has been set for Ralph Wayne Longstreet of Calhoun County at $50,000. Longstreet is charged with attempted murder, according to Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan.
Update 11/19/18 3:36 p.m.
Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan says the victim is out of the hospital and is recovering.
See the original post below.
CALHOUN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Ralph Wayne Longstreet of Calhoun County is facing an attempted murder charge following a shooting incident during the weekend, Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan confirmed.
Deputies were dispatched Saturday night around 8:00 to a home off of CR 231, Pollan said. When deputies arrived at the home they found a woman suffering from a gunshot wound to the stomach.
The victim was taken by helicopter to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo with serious injuries, Pollan said.
Calhoun County deputies searched overnight for Longstreet who was arrested without incident Sunday morning around 9:00.
Longstreet is expected to go before a judge Monday morning to face the attempted murder charge, Pollan said.
- UPDATE: Calhoun County man facing attempted murder charge
- Attempted murder arrest made in Calhoun County
- UPDATE: Booneville youth charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- UPDATE: Man charged with attempted murder after abduction
- UPDATE: Man wanted for Calhoun City shooting
- UPDATE: Calhoun County suspect returned to Mississippi
- UPDATE: Tupelo stabbing suspect now charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Cracker Barrel shooting suspect charged with attempted murder
- Sulligent police charge woman with attempted murder