CALHOUN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A young woman from Bruce lost her life in a morning crash.
The crash happened this morning, December 11, on Highway 32 at County Road 165.
State troopers responded at approximately 7:34 a.m.
Sgt. Derrick Beckom with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says Chanquisity Tyanna Evans, 22, of Bruce, was driving a Toyota SUV.
She was traveling west when she apparently ran off the left side of the roadway and collided with a tree.
Beckom says Evans was pronounced dead at the scene by the Calhoun County coroner.
He says Evans was unrestrained at the time of the accident.
The crash remains under investigation by MHP.
- Calhoun County crash claims life of Bruce woman
- Woman dies in Calhoun County house fire
- Former Bruce teacher asks to move trial out of Calhoun County
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Car accident claims life of Hamilton woman
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Bridge closed in Calhoun County
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Several arrested during Calhoun County drug roundup
- Scam number dials 911 in Calhoun County