CALHOUN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - An Easter morning collision involving an ATV kills a young Calhoun County man.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says the crash happened Sunday morning sometime near 2:43 on Highway 8 near County Road 347 in Calhoun County.
Master Sgt. Criss Turnipseed says 29-year-old Maurice Buchanan of Derma was driving a Chevrolet Impala east on Highway 8 when he collided with a Honda ATV, also traveling east. Austin Armstrong, 23, of Calhoun City, was driving the ATV.
Armstrong was pronounced dead at the scene. Buchanan was not injured. The accident remains under investigation.
Funeral arrangements have been set for Armstrong. The visitation is Tuesday from 5-8 p.m. and the funeral will be Wednesday at 2 p.m.
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- Sheriff: Man dies in Calhoun County ATV accident
- Law enforcement seek information about stolen ATV in Calhoun County
- ATV rider airlifted following tree collision
- Driver collides with horses in Calhoun County
- Driver killed in Monroe Co. collision identifed
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County
- Off-duty Calhoun City officer injured in ATV wreck
- Clay County collision kills one
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian