CALHOUN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan says an arrest made by the Calhoun City police early this morning has helped solve a string of burglaries in the county.
Surveillance video obtained from the sheriff and the local Sonic restaurant shows a man by the name of Jackie Yates trying to break into the store.
The sheriff says Yates is responsible for at least six burglaries in the county.
"And the Calhoun City Police Department picked him up early this morning," said Pollan. "And once we got him picked up and started interviewing him, it was as like a domino effect. After that, we were able to clear up a total of six burglaries that had happened over the weekend and as far back as about six weeks ago in Derma," the sheriff continued.
Pollan says Yates admitted to breaking into two churches in Derma, as well as other burglaries.
He says Derma, Calhoun City police and the sheriff's department worked on the case.
He says Yates could face more charges.
- Calhoun County man arrested for string of burglaries
- Arrest made for Calhoun County burglaries
- Burglary charges added to indecent exposure arrest in Calhoun County
- Several arrested during Calhoun County drug roundup
- Attempted murder arrest made in Calhoun County
- Amory man arrested for two county burglaries
- UPDATE: Calhoun County authorities arrest two of three in morning burglary
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Bridge closed in Calhoun County
- Troopers investigate Calhoun County crash