CALEDONIA, Miss. (WTVA) - An investigation continues into a Caledonia juvenile, resulting in an arrest.
According to Lowndes County Chief Deputy Marc Miley, the sheriff's department arrested the unnamed juvenile Thursday for the possession of a weapon by a minor.
"This investigation was a result of complaints of this juvenile making some disturbing comments and exhibiting some disturbing behavior," Miley stated.
Miley says a social media post mentioned a firearm the juvenile was in possession of. Miley says a video posted confirmed this.
"The investigation did indeed reveal a firearm and raised concerns of law enforcement and residents in the Caledonia area," Miley stated. "At this time, investigators have no direct knowledge that the juvenile had made any direct threats that would be criminal in nature."
Miley says the Lowndes County School District assisted the sheriff's department with the investigation and the juvenile was detained while in school.
"However, no firearm was found at the school and the firearm in question was actually located at the juvenile's residence," Miley stated.
The Lowndes County Youth Court is handling the case.
- Caledonia student arrested for gun possession
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Caledonia student
- Iuka man arrested for illegal gun possession
- Caledonia student claims suspension for national anthem, school says otherwise
- Florida woman charged for Caledonia auto burglary
- Investigator: Caledonia man fires shot toward church
- Oxford police arrest man for illegal gun possession
- Starkville youth arrested for possession of stolen gun
- Police: Oxford man arrested for illegal gun possession
- Caledonia residents react to deputy town marshal resignation