TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - CREATE held its annual meeting in Tupelo on Thursday and gave away two of its philanthropy awards.
The event was held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. The foundation covers 17 counties across northeast Mississippi, and it is one of the top three grant making foundations state-wide.
Mossy Oak was this year's recipient for the McLean Award for philanthropy, and the Tupelo-Lee County Community Foundation received the James Hugh Ray Award.
- CREATE hosts annual meeting in Tupelo
- Tupelo hosts annual Bud and Burgers festival
- CREATE Foundation hands out awards during annual meeting
- Tupelo Special Olympic swim meet
- Sturgis hosts annual motorcycle rally
- Monroe Electric hosts broadband meeting
- Tupelo Police begin annual 'Operation Safe Holiday'
- Local bikers host Renasant Criterium in Tupelo
- Tupelo hosts sensory-friendly symphony concert
- Tupelo humane society hosts puppy, kitten shower