STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The leader of OCH Regional Medical Center says he is retiring after 35 years with the hospital.
Chief Executive Officer Richard Hilton is stepping down after six years in the job. He started with the Starkville hospital as chief financial officer in 1983.
The hospital board accepted his resignation Tuesday night.
Hilton says he will stay in his job during the transition to a new leader.
His departure comes as the county-owned hospital is looking at options to team with one of the major hospital systems in the region.
- CEO of Starkville hospital retiring
- Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital President and CEO to retire
- Prather named interim CEO for Starkville Partnership
- 4-County Electric CEO and GM to retire
- Federal utility's CEO announces plans for retirement
- Starkville hospital meets with possible affiliation partners
- 2 taken to hospital following Starkville crash
- CEO steps down at Corinth hospital
- Starkville police chief looks ahead after announcing retirement
- First hospital bidder makes plea to Starkville residents