BRUCE, Miss. (WTVA) - Bruce High School's band director has been taken into custody on five counts of child enticement for sexual purposes.
Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan confirms Jon Bland is currently in the Calhoun County jail on the charges.
Pollan says after receiving a tip on Monday, his office set up a sting operation, resulting in the arrest this morning.
He says investigators were monitoring a social media account.
Pollan says the female juvenile is a former student at Bruce High School.
Bland could face more charges.
"The investigation is continuing. It's not over yet. We will be going through cell phones, computers, more interviews. So there is a chance that more charges are pending," Pollan said.
When contacted today, the Calhoun County School District did not respond.
This is a developing story. This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
- Bruce High School band director arrested for child enticement
- Former band director pleads guilty to child enticement
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Man arrested for enticement of a child
- Oxford police arrest man for enticement of a child
- Gun found at Bruce High School
- Oxford man charged with robbery, enticement of child
- Alcorn Co. man charged with enticement of child
- Bond set for band director in child exploitation case
- Memphis man arrested in Oxford for enticement of minor