BRUCE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Bruce Board of Aldermen voted unanimously to rename its fire department and police department offices.
It will be named after two men who Mayor Rudy Pope describes as "bigger than life and both deserving."
Stan Evans and John Brasher both passed away last year and dedicated several years to the city.
City Clerk Rita Talford says their names will be placed above the fire and police department signs.
- Bruce renames police and fire departments
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Bruce police investigate reported kidnapping
- Bruce police chief dies following illness
- Bruce home a total loss after fires
- Highway renamed to honor local football great
- Last call said for late Bruce police chief at funeral
- Fire officials: Minor explosion at home in Bruce
- Reward increased for Bruce shooting suspect's capture
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford