CLAY COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Clay County investigators have charged a Brooksville woman with aggravated assault and shoplifting.
The woman is identified as 27-year-old Camellia Hart. Her arrest stems from an altercation on May 4 at John's Grocery on Highway 45 Alternate South.
Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott says Hart entered the store and attempted to purchase some items and left the store before the transaction was approved.
Scott says the store's clerk tried to stop her because the transaction was denied.
Hart is accused of hitting the clerk with her vehicle while leaving the scene.
Hart's bond was set at $5,307.75.
Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree says Hart also faces a grand larceny charge. He says the car used in Clay County was stolen from Noxubee County.
- Brooksville woman charged with hitting store clerk with vehicle
- MDOT: Highway work begins near Brooksville
- MDOT: Road work begins in Noxubee County near Brooksville
- Store clerk wounded in Verona robbery
- Man accused of pulling knife on store clerk in Tupelo
- Vehicle hits Fulton nail salon
- Wayne County ex-court clerk charged with taking money
- Starkville police charge Ackerman woman with vehicle theft
- Police charge woman with assault at Starkville store