CALEDONIA, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County Electric Power Association held a meeting in Caledonia Monday night to discuss the broadband internet plan and its benefits.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley was there to break down the plan and answer any questions and concerns regarding the internet plans.
Presley talked a lot about the surveys that went out not too long ago and how many had already been returned in such a short amount of time.
A Caledonia resident, Jason Chrest, mentioned the importance of good internet speed when streaming and playing video games.
Presley said this will be a multiple-phase process that will take time, but it is beneficial for the future of these communities.
- Broadband talk continues with Monroe County Electric
- Monroe Electric hosts broadband meeting
- Monroe County Electric moves forward with broadband internet
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Electric cooperatives might provide broadband internet in the near future
- 4-County Electric studying ways to bring broadband to customers
- Investigation continues into Monroe County plane crash
- UPDATE: Monroe County deputies continue search for stabbing suspect
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into deadly Monroe County crash
- Fire destroys Monroe County home