ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - An Aberdeen school was placed on a precautionary lockdown Friday.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said a school resource officer at Belle-Shivers School reported hearing possible gunfire in the area at approximately 11:30 a.m.
Officers secured the campus and did not find any evidence of a gun or weapon.
The lockdown lasted approximately 20 to 30 minutes, the sheriff said.
- Brief lockdown lifted at Aberdeen school
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- UPDATE: All clear given at Aberdeen school following lockdown
- UPDATE: Aberdeen boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Lockdown lifted at NWCC campuses
- Aberdeen alderman passes away
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting