LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A bridge replacement will cause a road closure for drivers in Lee County.
It will be on State Route 254 at Tubbalubba Creek. A portion of the road between County Road 130 and County Road 54 will be closed on Tuesday.
Inspections revealed decaying timber piles and section loss in the steel girders.
Commissioner Mike Tagert says this bridge replacement will cost $2.4 million and it is expected to be complete by fall.
- Bridge replacement causes road closure in Lee Co.
- Culvert replacement forces temporary closure of Lee County road
- Road closure In Tupelo
- Lee County bridge work to temporarily close road
- Grants to help replace Yalobusha County bridge
- Booneville police chief: road closure
- Road closure expected in Amory
- Lee County bridge closed for repairs
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Crews to close section of Lee County road to work on bridge