BROOKSVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A woman is free from jail on bond after she was arrested in the shooting of her boyfriend at their home in Noxubee County.
Sheriff Terry Grassaree says Taniesha Sharp, 40, showed up angry at her home on Wells Road in Brooksville around 5:45 a.m. Saturday and got into an argument with the boyfriend, Curtis Miller, 52. He would not let her into the home.
According to the sheriff, Sharp fired a shotgun through the door and wounded Miller.
She then took him to his parents' home in Carrollton, Alabama. He was later taken to a hospital in Birmingham for treatment.
Sharp is charged with aggravated assault in the case.
- UPDATE: Boyfriend now behind bars following Noxubee County Shooting
- UPDATE: Noxubee shooting suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Charge upgraded to murder for Noxubee County shooting
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate caught
- One injured in Noxubee County shooting
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- UPDATE: Boyfriend arrested for shooting at girlfriend in Columbus