OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A Booneville native has accepted an internship with one of the nation's most revered medical institutions.
Jontae Warren is a second-year student at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy.
The summer internship is through the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences in Rochester, Minnesota.
According to Ole Miss, Warren will rotate through six pharmacies during the 10-week stint.
"I was very excited and relieved," said Warren. "I hope to take what I have learned inside the classroom and apply it, as well as build on my knowledge in the practice setting."
He previously interned at Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, Virginia, and is also gaining experience at a Walgreens pharmacy in Batesville.
- Booneville native accepts internship with Mayo Clinic
- Multiple arrests in Booneville
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Booneville police investigate Walmart theft
- Booneville man charged with burglary
- Booneville police chief: road closure
- Booneville woman arrested for fraud
- Free legal clinics upcoming