BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) A Booneville man is charged with two counts of child abuse.
Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar said Benny Walthers, 28, allowed juveniles to smoke a controlled substance.
Tolar said it happened on Thursday in the Hare Trailer Park on County Road 1214.
The sheriff added the parents of the children charged Walthers with the crimes.
He did not say what substance the children were given.
Justice Court Judge Angela Pounds gave Walthers a $75,000 bond.
The case will be presented to the next Prentiss County grand jury.
- Booneville man charged with child abuse
- Booneville man charged with child sex crimes
- Booneville man charged with burglary
- Booneville man accused of possessing child porn
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Starkville man arrested, charged with child abuse
- Booneville man charged with local burglaries
- Booneville man charged with having counterfeit money
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Booneville man sentenced for attempting to create child porn