BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - On Thursday, Booneville police responded to a 911 call of a man wielding a machete.
The 911 caller stated a man with a machete was trying to break into a house on Howser Drive. When officers arrived, they found Jackie Lee Sims, 62, of Booneville, at a residence causing a disturbance and trying to get into the residence.
Police disarmed him and took him into custody. The investigation determined he had broken into the residence and was attempting to go back in when officers arrived.
He was charged with one count of burglary of a dwelling. His bond was set at $10,000.
- Booneville man charged with burglary
- Booneville man charged with local burglaries
- Kentucky man to face burglary charges in Booneville
- Two arrested in Booneville for separate burglaries
- Booneville man charged with child sex crimes
- Booneville man charged with having counterfeit money
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Saltillo man charged with burglary
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Three locals face drug charges in Booneville