BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Prentiss County grand jury is waiting to hear a case against a man accused of assaulting a woman in Booneville.
On April 30, Booneville police responded to a reported disturbance call on Jones Cove.
Police say they found a man and a woman at the location who appeared to have been in a physical altercation.
The investigation led to the arrest of Christopher Shane McKinney, 29, of Booneville, for aggravated domestic violence.
Police say evidence showed the woman had been choked, as well as hit several times.
The woman victim was taken to the hospital and later released.
McKinney's bond was set at $25,000.
- Booneville man accused of choking, assaulting woman
- Booneville man arrested for weekend assault
- Man accused of choking woman in Lowndes County
- Booneville man accused of possessing child porn
- Booneville man accused of sexual battery
- Columbus man accused of assaulting woman
- Booneville woman arrested for fraud
- Booneville man charged with rape, sexual assault on 12-year-old
- Booneville man charged with assault after traffic incident
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine