RIPLEY, MISS. (WTVA) - The man accused of shooting and killing off-duty Mississippi Highway Patrol Trooper Josh Smith is free on bond.
Officials with the Tippah County jail say Troy Eaton was released Friday.
The shooting happened on September 30 in the Hatchie Bottom area near the Tippah/Alcorn County line.
Rickie Dale Vick, 38, of Michigan City, was also shot.
District Attorney Ben Creekmore says the preliminary hearing for Eaton has been postponed.
Creekmore says the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is still completing their investigation.
Eaton's bond was set $200,000 for capital murder and $100,000 for aggravated assault.
- Bond set for man accused of killing off-duty trooper
- UPDATE: Off-duty trooper shot and killed in Tippah County
- Law enforcement agencies, family remember off-duty trooper shot, killed
- Grand jury indicts Eaton with death of off-duty trooper
- Hundreds gather for funeral of off-duty trooper shot and killed
- Off-duty officer stabbed, man killed in road rage fight
- Bond set for Grenada man charged with 45 sex crimes
- UPDATE: Bond set for sexual assault suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect