STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A water main break has forced the city of Starkville to issue a boil water alert for the area surrounding it.
The city says people on Lincoln Green, Locksley Way and South Montgomery Street from Locksley Way south including King Richard and to Nottingham Road should boil their water for one minute before using it.
Starkville police say the water main with the problem runs under South Montgomery at King Richard Road.
The problem surfaced Tuesday forcing officers to close South Montgomery between Lynn Lane Extended and Locksley Way.
- Boil water alert issued for part of Starkville
- Town of Myrtle issues boil water alert
- Boil-water alert issued for Harmontown Water Association
- Boil water notice lifted for part of Starkville
- Houston Palestine Water issues boil water notice
- UPDATE: Starkville boil water notice lifted
- Boil water alert issued for some, lifted for others
- Boil water alert issued for some in Noxubee County
- Boil water alert issued for some in Pontotoc County
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford