STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A water main break has forced the city of Starkville to issue a boil water alert for the area surrounding it.
The city says people on Lincoln Green, Locksley Way and South Montgomery Street from Locksley Way south including King Richard and to Nottingham Road should boil their water for one minute before using it.
Starkville police say the water main with the problem runs under South Montgomery at King Richard Road.
The problem surfaced Tuesday forcing officers to close South Montgomery between Lynn Lane Extended and Locksley Way.
- Boil water alert issued for part of Starkville
- Starkville Utilities issues boil water alert for some customers
- Boil water alert issued for Ecru customers
- Cason Water lifts boil water alert
- Boil water notice inconveniences Starkville residents, businesses
- Boil water alert issued for some, lifted for others
- Boil water alert issued for some in Noxubee County
- Town of Golden issues boil water alert for some customers
- Boil water alert issued for some in Pontotoc County
- Tupelo no longer under boil water alert